As healthcare practitioners, our greatest concern is your child’s safety. Our dentists, Dr. Clint Rau and Dr. Thao T. Nguyen, and our team follow strict dental safety and sterilization procedures in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, and utilize state-of-the-art equipment to keep your child and their smile healthy. The team at Young Smiles can tell you more about how we protect your child when you call 920-652-1100 for more information.
In order to protect our patients and team from COVID-19 and other hazards, we have implemented the following steps:
- We recommend any patient stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have traveled to infected areas in the last 14 days.
- Use your best judgment. If you are sick, we will help you reschedule. If you are uncertain, please call our office prior to your appointment.
- If you attend your appointment and would feel most comfortable in a private room prior to the start of your appointment, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- We ask that you call to reschedule if your child is immunocompromised. We may also contact you to reschedule.
- We will maintain a clean and safe environment and continue to comply with OSHA and CDC infection control guidelines.
- We have standard protocols in place to disinfect all surfaces and patient contact areas. We sterilize or safely dispose of all instruments and products used during patient care. We utilize personal protective equipment (e.g. masks, gloves, safety glasses) to keep you, your child and team members safe.
- We have reviewed the procedures for proper hand hygiene, reinforced their importance and encouraged accountability between team members.
- We have expanded and increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all common areas and facilities.
- We have temporarily removed items that pose a risk for cross-contamination (e.g. magazines, toys and books) from our common areas. Please bring your own toys or devices as you wish.
- We support a healthy work environment for our team.
- We have requested our team members to not be present at our office if they are experiencing symptoms. To support our team in this effort, we are providing one week of additional paid sick leave to all team members.
- In accordance with guidelines, we are limiting the number of people who come to appointments. We request that you only bring the child who needs care and that only one parent or guardian accompany the child.